The Canary Islands has become a very popular place for travellers to visit. The reason for this is that there are many stunning places for vacation. When travelling to the Canary Islands from the UK, it is important to consider the various options available for exchanging GBP to EUR. Typically, it is ideal to utilize travel money companies to get the most current pounds to euro exchange rate. Calculating the exchange rate well with travel money providers is essential to having a successful holiday in the Canary Islands.
When you are trying to decide which locales to visit on your upcoming holiday to the Canary Islands, consider the following top five recommendations for your holiday:
Top 5 Places to Visit in the Canary Islands
- Las Palmas de Gran Canaría: Las Palmas de Gran Canaría is a wonderful island to vacation to in the Canary Islands that is known for its extensive resorts and beach offerings. The entire island is made up of a biosphere reserve that provides tourists with engaging plant and animal species to witness on the island. Be sure to allow several days to explore this island and allow time for relaxation on one of the more beautiful beaches that the Atlantic Ocean has to offer.
- Fuerteventura Island: For tourists that are looking for a memorable travel experience that is filled with delightful cuisine should venture to Fuerteventura Island. The best location on the island can be found at the Corralejo Fishing Port where fresh seafood can be consumed daily. Additionally, at the Corralejo Fishing Port, there is a possibility of enjoying a walk on the promenade that is full of great beach views and local boutique shops.
- Tenerife Island: Tenerife Island is a delightful place to experience the historic sights of the Canary Islands. At Tenerife Island, it is possible to visit historic sights such as: Iglesia de Nuestra Señora, the Colonial City of San Cristobal de la Laguna, and Casa de la Balcones. These sights show tourists traditional architecture from the strong Spanish influence that is present in the Canary Islands even though they are separate from Mainland Spain.
- Santa Cruz de la Palma (Palma Island): Santa Cruz de la Palma offers tourists and locals a sense of Old World living that is quite distinct in the Spanish culture. Here, it is possible to take a slow stroll along the historic streets of this seaside town that is known for its bright coloured homes and stores.
- Lanzarote Island: Lanzarote Island is a wonderful place to enjoy a classic beach resort vacation. For travellers that are interested in nothing more than simple relaxation, Lanzarote Island has many divine resorts to choose from for tourists to enjoy whilst they are on holiday. In addition to the beach resorts located on Lanzarote Island, the Puerto del Carmen area has many diverse activities to include: shopping, hiking, and water sports. For a locale that has a great deal of relaxation time, it is wise to visit Lanzarote Island.
Final Remarks on the Subject
When you are looking for ideal places to visit in Spain from the UK, it is wise to consider venturing to the Canary Islands. Contrary to popular belief, there are many islands there for tourists to explore that have a unique history and charm. Upon arriving to the Canary Islands, it is quite easy to acclimate and travel between the islands. That being said, it is important to carefully consider how you are going to change your GBP to EUR before arriving to the Canary Islands. If you are able to use a travel money provider before you leave, you will obtain a better exchange rate between pounds and euros.
To get the best possible travel money rates, planning in advance is vital to your success to avoid the common pitfalls of many travellers that overpay for their currency exchange. Thus, it is wise to remember that the Canary Islands are a destination that is very accessible to travellers from the UK both in terms of currency exchange and diversity of sights to enjoy whilst relaxing on holiday.